Thank you so, so much for your kind comments on the last post. There really aren't words to describe my excitement right now (or, I mean, there are, but they all sound like "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!") and though I rarely get mushy about blogging -- since nobody wants to come onto the internet and find themselves suddenly covered in the wet sticky mass of a complete stranger's FEELINGS -- I do feel unbelievably lucky to have had you all along for the ride. This week, I read back through my archives -- another thing I rarely do -- and felt a surge of emotional ohmygod when I realized that the thing I'd most hoped for when I wrote this post just under three years ago was finally, incredibly, a reality. At the time, a large part of me fully expected that this would never, ever work out, and I would end up starving and desperate and attempting to sell my body to make ends meet only to find that nobody wants a hooker with webbed toes and A-cup bongos.
So this is not just a thrill of the first degree, but also an incredible relief.
And now -- NOW! -- I can answer a handful of questions.
- The book is a YA novel, as in Young Adult, and will likely be aimed at older teenagers. (Of course, as previously demonstrated by the success of the Twilight series, that doesn't mean grownups can't read it.)
- It will be published by Dutton Young Readers, a division of the behemoth Penguin Group, in Spring of 2012.
- Unless they change it.
- Which I hope they don't; I am already seething with impatience.
- I'm not going to talk about the plot until I've got an official flap-copy blurb to share, but very generally speaking, it's about a tragedy in a small town and contains several hefty doses of sex, death, and intrigue.
So, there you have it.
Oh, and one more thing. Not that this has anything to do with the subject at hand, but...
- Yesterday I had my yearly gyno appointment, and while I was lying there, I noticed a box on a high shelf in the examining room that was labeled, "Spare parts".
I assume it was full of vaginas.